Chapter 15: The Map's the Thing!
In This Chapter
Using clickable maps
Finding out what it takes to present maps
Carving up maps for use
Knowing the limitations of map use
Mapping from the client side
- Where Are You? (Using Clickable Maps)
- Cosmic Cartography -- Putting Maps on the Web
- Warning: Different maps for different servers
- Et tu, CERN and NCSA?
- A babel of servers
- Your maps take shape(s)
- Building and Linking to CERN Map Files
- A CERN map file for the button bar
- Is my system ready for CERN map files?
- Building and Linking to NCSA Map Files
- An NCSA map file for the button bar
- Is my system ready for NCSA map files?
- Final Touches
- Creating and storing map files
- Defining a clickable map in your HTML document
- "The Map Is Not the Territory"
- Of Clickable Maps and URLs
- Mapping on the Client-Side Image!
| Next Chapter
| Site Overview | FTP
Resources | Book URLs | Book
Contents | Book Examples | Contact
Info | Wayfinding Toolkit
E-mail: HTML 4 For Dummies, 3rd Edition
Provided by: LANWrights, Inc.
Revised -- April 11, 2000