Chapter 15: The Map's The Thing
In This Chapter
out what it takes to present maps
up maps for use
the limitations of map use
from the client side
- Where Are You? (Using Clickable Maps)
- Cosmic Cartography--Putting Maps on the Web
- Warning: Different maps for different servers
- Et tu, CERN and NCSA?
- A Babel of servers
- Your maps take shape(s)
- Building and Linking to CERN Map Files
- A CERN map file for the button bar
- Is my system ready for CERN map files?
- Building and Linking to NCSA Map Files
- An NCSA map file for the button bar
- Is my system ready for NCSA map files?
- Final Touches
- Creating and storing map files
- Defining a clickable map in your HTML
- "The Map Is Not the Territory"
- Of Clickable Maps and URLs
- Client-Side Image Maps!
| Site Overview | FTP
Resources | Book URLs | Book
Contents | Book Examples | Contact
Info | Wayfinding Toolkit
E-mail: HTML 4 For Dummies, 2nd Edition
Webmaster: Kyle Findlay, LANWrights